The outlook is an email client. You can use it to receive and send an email. You can download and read emails offline too. I'll tell you how you can configure it. Outlook by default comes with Microsoft office.
Steps How to do:-
1. Open Outlook. Windows automatically pop up to configure your account. You can also add an account by Go to Tools > Account Settings > Add Account.
2. Auto Account setup screen will open. Click on Manual Configure Server settings then click Next.
Also Read This:- How to secure your Gmail Account?
3. Then select Internet E-mail. Click Next
4. Now it will ask you Your Name and email then ask you incoming & outgoing server information. Suppose we are Adding our Gmail account.
Gmail has two types of incoming mail server.
You can use whatever you want. Before using this in outlook you have to enable it in Gmail.
1. log in to Gmail
2. Go to Settings
3. Go to the tab " Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
4. Enable IMAP and save changes
I would suggest you use IMAP as your incoming mail server. Because pop downloads your old copy of the email again and again. it also deletes your copy of Gmail. You will lose your emails.
For Configuration of IMAP
Incoming Server Address:- imap.gmail.com
Select SSL:- Yes
Outgoing Mail(SMTP) Server
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
Required TLS:- Yes
Also, Read This:- How to configure Mozilla Thunderbird for Gmail?
To change ports go to More Settings > Advanced Tab.
After all the configurations. Click Next. All done. Now you can send and receive all the Emails.
If your SMTP server not works. Then follow these steps. Go to Tools > Account Settings > Select Account > Repair Account.
Now Click on More settings > Find Outgoing Server Tab > Select My outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication. it will solve your problem.
I find any difficulties feel free to comment. If you find it helpful please share it with your friends.